Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing administrative, bookkeeping, marketing, fundraising, and program support to all staff. This position is integral to the GirlVentures' team by overseeing GirlVentures' database and office systems, while contributing to important operations, fundraising and program logistics.
The Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator's job responsibilities and duties include:
- Maintain Salesforce database including daily data entry and contact management. This includes updating the database to maintain the integrity of our data including enrollment status, tuition and financial aid, contact history, grant status and report management.
- Support office efficiency by analyzing and adapting technology as needs fluctuate.
- Run donor reports and send acknowledgments.
- Track and follow-up with matching gifts.
- Assist with record keeping and bookkeeping procedures including: process and reconcile payments made to GV, track donations, invoices and accounts payable, prepare and mail bill payments, and reconcile petty cash accounts.
- Coordinate office operations including: manage organizational calendars and filing, anticipate need and order office supplies, maintain office equipment and technology, and liase with all vendors.
- Retrieve phone messages and mail, prepare meeting agendas and take minutes, and handle all inquiries.
- Organize applicant folders and assist with program admissions process by following up with applicants during the initial steps of enrollment.
- Recruit volunteers for quarterly volunteer nights at the GV office, camp fairs, fundraising events and various other tasks as requested by Executive Director.
- Track volunteer participation and log volunteer hours.
- Support marketing efforts by updating website (WordPress) and overseeing website content, manage Social Media outlets to drive community engagement and track Social Media efficacy.
- Oversee event logistics for fundraising events like the annual breakfast, walk-a-thon, etc. including donation management and event promotion.
- Serve as liaison to tech consultant, schedule maintenance and repair.
- Ensure office cleanliness by handling trash and recycling and coordinating with contracted cleaning staff.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent database required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, detail and organization skills.
- Proactive, requires minimal supervision, excellent problem solving skills.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Deals with confidential issues using discretion and judgment.
- 2-3 years administrative experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing volunteers preferred.
- Bookkeeping experience a plus; attention to detail and accuracy in executing transactions is vital.
- Ability to take initiative as well as direction.
- Enthusiastic, organized and self-motivated with a sense of humor.
- Commitment to supporting girls and/or outdoor adventure programs.
- GirlVentures uses Macs; Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Mac MS Office and Excel required.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with competitive salary, health and dental benefits paid at 100%, including generous company holidays, earned vacation and sick time.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.