Assistant Instructor (AI)
WHO CAN APPLY
We are looking for strong leaders and girls who will be positive role models for adolescent girls. The ideal applicant:
- Is interested in outdoor adventure activities (camping, sea kayaking, rock climbing)
- Wants to empower adolescent girls and be a role model
- Desires to learn about instructing wilderness trips, wilderness safety, and leadership skills
- Is a Junior or Senior in high school
- Has completed a multi-day GirlVentures program.
- Preference given to girls who complete On The Rise
The Assistant Instructor position is the ultimate accomplishment for a GirlVentures girl! High school girls return to assist our professional instructors in leading one of the courses they loved. As mentors and models for the younger girls they enjoy new responsibilities afforded them in this safe environment while still learning and growing themselves.
This unique position enables alumnae to gain valuable team-building and leadership skills as well as wilderness safety training while working for a diverse, experiential education nonprofit. All GirlVentures programs, both School-Year Programs and Summer Outdoor Adventure Programs, have an alumnae Assistant Instructor.
See application for specific dates.
Stipend available and supportive working environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For school year AI positions: Download the School Year Assistant Instructor Application and send the completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for this paid position.