Girls Advisory Board
WHO CAN APPLY
GirlVentures alumnae who are in high school and have completed any of our courses are eligible to apply.
We are looking for young leaders, girls with opinions, ideas, and a commitment to GirlVentures! This volunteer position is great for anyone who wants to gain leadership experience and build her resume for college. You will be part of a fun-loving group of high school girls and women mentors who are dedicated to supporting our work and vision. You will laugh, learn, and grow, develop yourself as a speaker, facilitator, teacher and mentor.
- A 9-month commitment during the school year.
- Meet once a month on Sunday at the Women’s Building on 18th Street in San Francisco.
- Participate in the annual weekend overnight GAB retreat in the fall.
- Lead one activity of your choosing and then receive feedback from the other girls on their “pros & grows” as facilitators.
- Each girl on the board identifies a personal goal for developing herself as a leader. She pursues her personal goal in addition to contributing to the collective goals set by the group.
- Each girl has an adult mentor to support her with her personal goals, with whom she’ll maintain regular communication.
- Girls are encouraged to be a part of all GirlVentures community events as ambassadors and volunteers.
September 30th & October 1st
May 5 – Hike for Girls
May 20 - Debrief
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact our Volunteer and Outreach Manager, Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org