The Operations Manager will be responsible for data entry, finance and HR management, program admissions and logistics support, and development of organizational and program operating systems and budgets, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness and contributing to the implementation of effective organizational strategies, policies and practices. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization working at the forefront of inclusive girls’ leadership programming and outdoor education.
Compensation and benefits are competitive and DOE, with specific salary information available on request. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. GirlVentures is committed to inclusion and diversity, and welcomes inquiries from all interested applicants. People of color and those identifying as LGBTQI are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter sharing why you are applying for the position and how your experience would advance GirlVentures’ work to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2018.
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies in support of GirlVentures’ mission. Specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), by coordinating these systems
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Develop and manage the annual budget in coordination with the Executive Director
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance and cash flow against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Coordinate filing of annual IRS Form 990 and other tax-related filings
- Administer employee benefits and organizational insurance
- Manage grantor contracts and reimbursement requests
- Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Manage all new hire paperwork and background checks for staff and volunteers
- Manage and process incoming payments for all course participants, accurately track payment plans and data enter payments in Salesforce
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Treasurer to develop fundraising plans, including tracking earned revenue for the budget and preparing monthly fundraising reports
- Understand financial accounting processes and work with ED, Treasurer and Bookkeeper to provide accurate development reporting to Board and funders
- Commitment to social justice, outdoor education, and GirlVentures’ mission
- At least 2 years experience in Financial Management and/or Bookkeeping
- Experience developing and managing organizational and projects budgets
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks, and Salesforce
- Knowledge of government contract management
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Ability to complete accurate detail-oriented work while engaging in big-picture systems thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders