Program & Logistics Coordinator
GirlVentures is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to lead our logistics team in providing logistics support for our multi-day expedition-style summer programs, under the direction of the Program Manager. The successful candidate will have experience working both collaboratively and independently, have big-picture vision and be able to train and delegate tasks effectively.
This position plays an integral role in the success of GirlVentures courses and will demonstrate competency and interest in the responsibility areas set forth below. Our ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to work hours/schedule, understanding that gear and food must be prepared before a course departs. This means working long days in the office packing food and gear, working many weekend days for course starts and finishes and working several long days in the field doing course re-supplies, with some possible overnights. This is a three-month long, 40-hour per week, contract position.
- Train and manage the Logistics Team – including paid alumna interns and an unpaid college intern as well as volunteer “fairies.”
- Improve logistics systems and efficiency.
- Oversee and pack gear: tents, backpacks, stoves, sleeping bags, pots & pans, etc.
- Oversee, buy and pack food: maintain bulk food system, make and receive food orders, pack food for courses.
- Assist with transportation (shuttling the bus, driving a re-supply, picking up vans, etc.).
- Issue gear loans to girls and instructors (keeping track of what goes out / comes in).
- Facilitate course starts & graduations: registration, errands, etc.
- Facilitate course end de-issue and clean up with girls and instructors in the field.
- General gear care & maintenance: cleaning, repairing, replacing gear as necessary
- Inventory all gear at the end of the summer gear, offering recommendations.
- Communicate with supervisor & coworkers: including check-ins & self evaluations.
- Experience with and an interest in logistics and food packing for outdoor programs.
- Minimum age: 21 with valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Knowledge and experience in using and maintaining backpacking gear, tents, stoves, etc.
- Familiarity with backcountry cuisine.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Wilderness First Aid (or WFR) certified a plus.
- A passion for working with empowering girls and women.
Benefits & Compensation:
$6000 stipend for three months with $500 bonus upon successful completion of contract. This position does not include benefits.
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume addressed to GirlVentures, Attention: Program Manager (c/o email@example.com) by Feb 1 2016 with “Program and Logistics Coordinator” in the email Subject line.
We are happy to support students with community work-study funds available from their colleges or universities and/or who wish to earn college credit.
Women of color are encouraged to apply.