Job Title: Program and Admissions Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt Position
GirlVentures is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization whose mission is to empower adolescent girls to develop and express their strengths. Since 1997 we have had significant, positive impact on diverse Bay Area girls, helping them to explore identity, trust and social justice through outdoor adventure and leadership programs.
About the Position:
GirlVentures is seeking a self-motivated individual to manage our admissions procedures and to support all aspects of our programs, logistics and implementation. This position is diverse in its scope and responsibilities, and the successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency and interest in each of the primary responsibility areas set forth below. This is an exciting role within a legacy Bay Area nonprofit, with the opportunity for creativity, leadership and the ability to directly and positively impact diverse Bay Area girls. The successful candidate will have experience working both collaboratively and independently. Some nights and weekends required, particularly in the summer. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Manage the admissions process for girls and their families for school year and summer programs
• Ensure that all forms are completed adequately, including financial aid applications and medical forms
• Communicate scholarship allocations to families
• Track participant data and paperwork in Salesforce database on a timely basis
• Schedule and manage gear fittings for participants
• Secure and process all necessary paperwork for complete course enrollment
• Facilitate bi-monthly information sessions for new students and families
• Manage vehicles/vehicle maintenance and transportation including rental vehicles, storage, kayak trailer and kayak fleet
• Recruit, hire and supervise Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Intern(s)
• Manage gear library including tracking all inventory, requesting new gear (Pro deals, donations), purchasing gear and monitoring & improving organizational systems
• Manage Food including menu creation (with PD); ordering; purchasing at groceries, warehouses, etc.; and preparation for courses
Program Management Responsibilities
• Co-Facilitate Summer Staff Training with Program Director
• Coordinate both Girls Climb On (GCO) Programs (East Bay and SF) during the school year
• Guide Sea Kayaking Tours as needed
• Course Direct or Instruct summer programs as needed
• Recruit, interview, select and train program mentors and assistant instructors for GCO
Outreach and Office Responsibilities
• Conduct outreach presentations, flyering, phone calls and site visits to recruit summer and school year participants
• Keep track of school contacts and maintain relationships with schools for recruiting potential • Serve as the predominant voice of outreach for the organization, taking on the bulk of the outreach process and working to ensure that we fill our school year and summer programs
• Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning, budgeting, as needed
• Participate fundraising, marketing and events as needed
• Passion for working with adolescent girls from diverse Bay Area communities.
• Proven experience in managing outdoor education program logistics.
• Experience leading kayaking programs (ACA level 2 or 3 skills).
• Experience setting and managing trad anchor top rope climbing sites (PCIA or AMGA SPI level skills)
• Experience instructing and/or course directing outdoor/experiential education (preferably on 10+day expeditions)
• Possess a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license. Experience towing trailers and driving large trucks/SUVs in city and rural settings preferred.
• Current Wilderness First Responder certification
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
• Spanish and/or second language fluency preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of the developmental needs of adolescent girls
• Commitment to social justice education and continued development of self awareness and effectiveness in this area
• Administrative experience with solid organizational, reporting and time management skills.
• Technology-savvy, including database use (Salesforce experience preferred), proficiency with Apple OS, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point). Google calendar and Google Drive. • Resourceful problem-solver, enthusiastic and positive attitude towards work and-workers
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to manage many details with consistent efficiency
• Ability to communicate directly and openly with supervisor and other colleagues
Salary and Benefits
This is a full time 12 month position. Salary beginning at $47,000/yr. Vacation, Holidays, Sick days, Medical and Dental insurance, and Retirement with employer match available in accordance with GirlVentures’ Board-set policies.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Cori Coccia: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Program Manager Candidate