Summer Logistics Intern
About the position:
GirlVentures is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to help our logistics team in providing logistics support for our multi-day expedition-style summer programs, under the direction of the Program Manager. The successful candidate will have experience working both collaboratively and independently, have big-picture vision and be able to train and delegate tasks effectively.This position plays an integral role in the success of GirlVentures courses and will demonstrate competency and interest in the responsibility areas set forth below. Our ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to work hours/schedule, understanding that gear and food must be prepared before a course departs. This means working long days in the office packing food and gear, working many weekend days for course starts and finishes and working several long days in the field doing course re-supplies, with some possible overnights.
- Work cooperatively with the Logistics Team (volunteers, interns & staff).
- Working under the close supervision of the Program & Logistics Coordinator. o Support girls & families as they prepare to come on course.
- Follow up on outstanding paperwork, facilitate gear fittings, assist with mail communications, etc.
- Assist in all logistical aspects of summer programs to ensure smooth sailing, including but not limited to: Pack gear for courses (tents, backpacks, stoves, sleeping bags, pots/pans, etc.)
- Food shopping, online orders, local errands.
- Food labeling, organizing & packing (with careful attention paid to allergies & special needs).
- Support course starts, course ends & re-supplies.
- Gear care: cleaning, maintenance, inventory & issuing Laundry sleeping bags, long underwear, socks & rain gear.
- Complete some data entry (updating girls’ records) & evaluation entry/compilation.
- General program support as necessary, including resupplies & course starts/graduations.
- Report any maintenance or safety issues regarding gear/equipment to supervisor, immediately offer feedback and ideas to supervisor as appropriate
This is an unpaid internship in a fun, dynamic environment. GirlVentures will complete paperwork to help intern earn school-credit, as needed.
Start & End Dates:
Ending of May/early June – middle August
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Your year in school
- Your desired # of hours per week
- Your ideal start and end dates
- 3 strengths that you would bring to our team – Include examples of times
- you’ve used those strengths
- How this internship would support your long-term goals or aspirations
- What you are hoping to gain from this experience
Women of color are encouraged to apply. GirlVentures is an equal opportunity employer.