We are happy to offer our youth of color affinity course during spring break in 2019 in an outdoor setting for high school youth.Transportation and food is provided. Space is limited to 10 participants.
How to Apply:
1) Click on your course of interest.
2) Read the Course Description, review dates, age requirement, payment information and policies
(at the bottom of the page).
3) Click Apply and complete the online application.
March 25-28, 2019
This course provides affinity space in an outdoor setting for high school youth of color and is lead by staff of color. The group spends 4 days and 3 nights hiking and climbing in Castle Rock State Park. Transportation and food is provided. Space is limited to 10 participants.
Note to Non-Bay Area Potential Participants
GirlVentures is a program located in the San Francisco Bay Area and our programs are primarily designed for local youth. While we welcome applications from out of the area, the following must be true in order to participate:
1. Families provide transportation to and from San Francisco or Oakland, where all courses begin and end. Courses begin between at 8:00-9:00am on the first day and end between 4:00-6:00pm on the last day.
2. At least one adult parent/guardian or emergency contact must accompany the youth on the first day, pick them up on the last day and remain available by phone in the Bay Area for the duration of the course.
To ensure that all girls have the opportunity to participate in our programs, we offer sliding scale tuition. Once a participant is accepted for a specific course, they and their family will self-select their household income range, tuition amount, and preferred payment plan. We do not require proof of income. We ask that families pay an amount within the recommended sliding scale for their income bracket, at minimum. Selected tuition may be paid in up to four monthly installments. As a non-profit, GirlVentures subsidizes the tuition of all participants.
Income * Sliding Scale
$25,000 and below $50
$25,000 - $50,000 $55 - $100
$51,000 - $75,000 $150 - $250
$76,000 - $100,000 $300 - $400
$101,000 - $125,000 $450 - $550
$126,000 - $150,000 $600 - $700
$151,000 - $175,000 $750 - $850
$176,000 - $200,000 $900 - $950
$201,000 and above $1000
*Numbers are based on 2016 HUD levels for San Francisco for a 4 person household.
Please review our Payment Policy before applying.